Monday, July 10, 2006

Listening to my Inner Voice...

At work yesterday, I had a special moment with one of the customers. The lady (in her early 40's?) came in with her parents and aunt to do a wine tasting. During the course of the tasting, I kept admiring her gorgeous "crop" hairstyle... I loved the style and the colour, and as I've been considering getting a crop myself, thought, "this is just the exact look I'm after".

It's not something I would normally do, but mid-way through the tasting, I couldn't help myself any longer, and said, "May I just say that I absolutely love your hair!". The lady started crying. "Oh, no, I've said something wrong, I'm so sorry!", I said, thinking I'd put my foot in it as usual. "No", her mother and aunt replied, "you've said something very right!"

The lady went on to tell me that she's had cancer and chemotherapy, and this was only her second outing without a wig. Her family have been telling her that her hair looks fantastic, but of course, because they're family, she hasn't really believed them. I had tears in my eyes myself, but was so pleased that I had listened to my inner voice to tell that lady how much I loved her hairstyle.

Sometimes that voice really knows what it's talking about!! LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lips Of An Angel Video
Lips Of An Angel lyrics - Hinder lyrics
Hinder Music Videos
Music Video Codes by VideoCure